Friday, February 6, 2015

12 Things I Believe

Twelve Things I Believe


I believe in FIGHTING...
With everything I've got to keep my family together.

I believe in HATING...
The sin and not the sinner.

I believe in GIVING UP...
Trying to predict the future, and instead,
Embrace every moment I'm given here and now.

I believe in DYING...
That I might live through Christ.

I believe in FEAR...
Of God and God alone -
For fear of man only breeds cowardice, jealousy, and greed.

I believe in QUITTING...
Any habits that erode my agency & sense of self-worth,
Or anyone else's for that matter.

I believe in SURRENDERING...
My will to God's will, He sees the bigger picture.

I believe TRAGEDY...
Can lead to triumph.

I believe HEARTBREAK...
Can lead to healing.

I believe DARKNESS...
Has no power over light.

I believe in MY PAIN...
I can learn empathy and compassion for others.

I believe I AM NOTHING...
On my own and in my own strength, I am weak,
But through Christ, I can do all things.


-Alicia Rawlins


No comments: