Thursday, February 12, 2015

So Grateful for Prayer

I can't think of any other time of day that I value and treasure more than the moments I have to kneel down before my Maker, to vocalize everything that is in my heart, to thank Him, to praise Him, to seek His counsel, His wisdom, His guidance, His direction, His forgiveness, and feel His love and peace.  God is as real to me as I am alive.  He is my Rock and my Fortress and I know He lives.

I love this Gospel and how we are taught to pray.  Personal prayer is never rote.  It is our "soul's sincere desire".  Every time I hear Elder Richard G. Scott speak about prayer, I feel like saying, "Exactly, my brother, exactly!"  His pattern of praying is truly the Lord's way.  I have experienced it for myself,  it works, it really does!

Using the Supernal Gift of Prayer
Learning to Recognize Answers to Prayer
The Power of a Strong Testimony
Trust in the Lord
How to Obtain Revelation and Inspiration for Your Personal Life

Recently, I've been praying for the Lord to open my eyes and help me to feel sincere gratitude for the smallest things and to help me see all the good that surrounds me.  I've been praying for the Lord to help me embrace the here and now and the moments I am given from minute to minute.   I'm so thankful prayers are answered because I have truly felt enabled with that power.  I feel like shouting hallelujah! I am so richly blessed!

-Alicia

No comments: