Sunday, May 10, 2015

Take two and call me in the morning.

Several weeks ago, a friend of mine confided in me about some heavy burdens she was carrying.  Wearied and weighed down, she opened her heavy heart to me.  I listened to her sincerely and then told her about a couple of Elder Jeffrey R. Holland's talks that had been a great strength to me during my own times of need. (1 & 2)  I encouraged her to listen to both of them and jokingly said, "Take two and call me in the morning."

Though my physician reference was just for play, I was serious about the instruction.  She did listen to the talks and the next day called to thank me,
"Those were just what I needed!" she said with an audible relief in her tone.
I quickly responded, "Don't thank me.  I've been in the very same boat as you and all I did was share some of what got me through.  Thank our Father in Heaven that He has these 'glimpses of hope' provided for us during our burdensome journey."

...............

In that same spirit, I feel to share two verses and two songs for any other soul out there who might feel burdened or heavy-hearted:

Here are the two verses:

"I [the Lord] have heard [your] groaning... and I have remembered my covenant."

"Wherefore say unto [you], I am the Lord, and I will bring you out from under the burdens... and I will rid you out of [the] bondage, and I will redeem you with a stretched out arm..." - Exodus 6:6,7

Now here are the two songs...  Close your eyes and just listen.  I pray this brings a "glimpse of hope!"


I testify that God is very aware of us and hears our every prayer.  "He is my strength and my song!"

He will carry us through every difficulty and lead us to green pastures.  I know this!

- Alicia :)


No comments: