Saturday, May 9, 2015

Today I celebrate you!

To my dear children,
I know Mother's Day is meant for celebrating and giving thanks to our moms.  But I want you to know that I should really be the one who is celebrating.  Yes, I made you but you are the ones who made me a mother!  I spent some time reading through the letters I wrote when each of you were born. It filled me with tremendous gratitude.  My love never divided as each new child came into my life, it only grew and so much more than I ever anticipated.  That's how true love works you know, always growing, always multiplying, never ever dividing!  What a blessing you have all been to me! Nothing brings me greater joy than to see you develop your awesome personalities and talents, to see you learn to live and love the Gospel, to see you learn your independence and willingly choose the good.  I'm just so proud of each one of you.  Thank YOU!  Today I want to be the very best mom I can be because you've brought my life such happiness!


"Angel From Heaven"

Your tiny hand,
Holds mine so sure-
Your precious hand,
So clean and pure.
With all your trust,
You cling to me-
No worries or cares,
Of what might be.
A light in the dark,
A shining star,
An angel from heaven,
Is what you are.
This joy I feel,
I can't express;
you've brought my life
Such happiness.
I have more
Than riches told;
Your tiny hand,
In mine I hold.

By, Alicia Rawlins
2003

- Alicia

No comments: