Sunday, May 17, 2015

What is your Abrahamic trial?

I've been thinking for quite some time now about the principle of sacrifice in order to show our love, faith, and obedience to God.  Abraham was asked to lay down the life of his son that he loved, his son that he had dreamed of, hoped for, and waited 100 years to come into his life.  What would we be willing to lay down at our Father's feet saying, "You can take this.  As much as I love this and as much as this hurts, I am willing to lay this down because I love you more, Lord."

Abraham being willing to sacrifice his beloved son, Isaac, was  a similitude of God and his Only Begotten Son. - Genesis 22:1-14.

I wonder if Abraham found hope in God's request when he drew upon his previous revelation that he would have children as numerous as the stars in the sky?  Is that why he said to his son "God will provide the lamb"?

I woke up this morning with this song "Touch The Sky" playing in my head and thought about Abraham and his journey.  Every step up that mountain was a manifestation of his faith.  Isaac meant the world to him.  This was his life!  Yet, he was willing to let him go and say, "Lord, you can have him.  Take him and I will still praise and honor You."

What do you love more than anything and if God asked you to, would you be willing to lay it down for Him?

-Alicia


"Touch The Sky"
by, Hillsong United

What fortune lies beyond the stars
Those dazzling heights too vast to climb
I got so high to fall so far
But I found heaven as love swept low

My heart beating, my soul breathing
I found my life when I laid it down
Upward falling, spirit soaring
I touch the sky when my knees hit the ground

What treasure waits within Your scars
This gift of freedom gold can't buy
I bought the world and sold my heart
You traded heaven to have me again

My heart beating, my soul breathing
I found my life when I laid it down
Upward falling, spirit soaring
I touch the sky when my knees hit the ground

Find me here at Your feet again
Everything I am, reaching out, I surrender
Come sweep me up in Your love again
And my soul will dance
On the wings of forever

My heart beating, my soul breathing
I found my life when I laid it down
Upward falling, spirit soaring
I touch the sky when my knees hit the ground

Find me here at Your feet again
Everything I am, reaching out in surrender
Come sweep me up in Your love again
And my soul will dance
On the wings of forever

Upward falling, spirit soaring
I touch the sky
When my knees hit the ground


(Laying it on the Altar)

No comments: