Ever have one of those mornings that propels the rest of your day into a blissful spin?
I woke up super early, said my prayers, studied my scriptures, and then sprinted out the door to go jogging with my wonderful friend, Heidi. I love running with her. We always find something to share with each other that leaves us both feeling edified and refreshed. This morning Heidi brought up the subject of sanctification. We talked about ridding ourselves of the world and I tied in some of my thoughts about Kenosis, "self emptying." We discussed other examples of this principle: and decided that fasting is a form of "self-emptying." We also "empty ourselves" during physical exercise, we sweat, exhale, and expend great energy to reach a goal. It was a cool discussion.
At the end of our run, I was able to bask for a few minutes in the most beautiful rays of sunshine. I think that light must have stuck right to my core because everywhere I went for the rest of the day, my face was beaming. At the grocery store, each person I made eye contact with would look up at me and smile. At first, I couldn't figure out why everyone was so happy. Then I realized... oh... they're smiling back. ;)
Yeah, it was a great morning. And thanks to that... my whole day was awesome!
No comments:
Post a Comment