http://utahvalley360.com/2015/03/17/lds-women-defend-motherhood-standing-room-un-event/
Early morning prior to our "combined effort event, " we stood in line with a host of nationalities waiting for the UN gates to open so we could get our badges that would allow us entrance to the convention.
I said to my friend Jeanette, "If we want a ton of people to come tonight, now is the perfect time to invite them. Everyone is just standing here."
"I'm with you Alicia, let's go," she said.
It's interesting that this is the year the United Nations sets the agenda in place that will be in effect for the next 15 years. Currently as the Post 2015 Agenda stands, there is no wording at all to protect the family. We came here to change that and never before has the UN seen such a large presence of pro-family/ pro-faith groups. We pray our voices will be heard.
How fitting that this group of mothers would convene with these valiant youth at "such a time as this!" It makes sense, mothers and youth - the two parts of society that are targeted and exploited more than any others are the very ones who are standing up, charging forward bold and brave at the front-lines of the battle.
I came here to the UN expecting to be weighed down with the force of opposition undermining our basic institution. And believe me, the force is heavy and I have learned things that have forever changed my perspective, some of which are nightmares realized, horrific and frightening beyond description, things that the majority of society is completely ignorant to, things that are hard for me to explain.
But with these youth, I was lifted.
Last night was the final time I would see them. I embraced each one of these young men and women and thanked them for who they are, for their courage, for the light of Christ that is so evident in their eyes. With tears of gratitude I thanked them for giving me the unexpected at this convention....
HOPE!
![]() |
![]() |
![]() ![]() |
-Alicia




No comments:
Post a Comment