Only a few days ago, I mentioned how many of my friends have felt the buffetings of the adversary in their homes as they've prepared to leave on this trip. I said how grateful I was that I haven't felt that, at least not in my relationships.
However, these last couple of days, I think I realize that I too have been buffeted more than usual. Thoughts of inadequacy and inferiority have slowly been trickling in until finally I'm over my head in pool of counterproductive thinking...from how I parent, how I keep house, how I communicate with my teenager, how I look, how I dress, how unrefined, uncultured, and unlearned I feel... You name it, the adversary has thrown just about every fast-ball at me possible in this self-defeating arena... And it stings!
Still whirling from the punches this morning, I got up and brushed myself off. It was time for me to bring out some of my favorite things!
I began my morning with prayer and scriptures, I searched in the Young Women's lessons for this month and found "Grace" as one of the topics and studied that. Perfect timing! I dove back through the pages of my Henry Drummond book re-read the chapter Pax Vobiscum (Peace to You) all about burdens and rest. I even did a little "What About Bob" style of self-affirmation, "I feel good, I feel great, I feel wonderful." (Just kidding, I didn't do that but I thought about the scene.)
And then...
...I turned up the beat to my favorite fast songs and danced my way through the tasks of the morning. Ahhh, what a refreshing breath of relief. I feel better already. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment