Thursday, April 30, 2015

More Than a Feeling

It was like I had my own little theme song playing for me as I walked on to BYU's campus for the first time as an official student:

"I woke up this morning and the sun was gone,
Turned on some music to start my day
I lost myself in a familiar song
I closed my eyes and I slipped away
It's more than a feeling, when I hear that old song they used to play (more than a feeling)
I begin dreaming (more than a feeling)"

 How often I have prayed for this opportunity and I'm living in it now!  No one around me realizes how long I've dreamed of this day.  To them, I'm just another student with headphones, walking to class with a cheesy grin on my face.  But for me I'm having a party inside as I'm living "the dream" and reminiscing this old Boston beat I used to play every day in college.

So much more than a feeling!  I felt like I was on cloud nine, and I still feel like It can't be happening.

I'm taking two classes, a religion one and anthropology.  I must say that anthropology is the perfect follow-up from having my experiences at the United Nations in March.  I desire greater understanding of my brothers and sisters around the world and in my own little circle.  It's amazing how we can understand ourselves so much more when we truly seek to understand others.  I have so much to learn, so very much.  In this class, I've already had to read almost 100 pages and trying to absorb everything has been a challenge to say the least.  I feel like that person trying to follow pop tart instructions and the vertical concept is thrown at them. "Uhhh uhh... poof!" My brain explodes!

This will be fun though, I'm excited to learn, to expand, and grow.  I can already see how this will be physically exhausting.  But one foot in front of the other and lots of prayers... I'm on my way.

"Don't Look Back"
by, Boston

Don't look back
A new day is breakin'
It's been too long since I felt this way
I don't mind where I get taken
The road is callin'
Today is the day

I can see
It took so long to realize
I'm much too strong
Not to comprimise
Now I see what I am is holding me down
I'll turn it around

I finally see the dawn arrivin'
I see beyond the road I'm drivin'
Far away and left behind

It's a new horizon and I'm awakin' now
Oh I see myself in a brand new way
The sun is shinin'
the clouds are breakin'
'Canse I can't lose now, there's no game to play

I can tell
There's no more time left to criticize
I've seen what I could not recognize
Everthing in my life was leading me on
but I can be strong

I finally see the dawn arrivin'
I see beyond the road I'm drivin'
Far away and left behind


-Alicia

No comments: