I must admit that every time I hear the word "destiny" I can't help but think of the line in Back to the Future where George Mcfly boldly declares to his love to Lorraine, "I am your density!" (Of course, what George meant to say was that he was her destiny.)
What is destiny anyway? In Latin it means dēstināre or "de"=to remove from & "stinare"=standing. It is an indication of movement from one place to another. To me, destiny sounds like the word "destination" and I think its very fitting. It is the place that we will eventually come to. It is something that is yet to happen.
I've been memorizing The Family: A Proclamation to the World. I noticed the word "destiny" shows up in each of the first three paragraphs.
In the context of the Gospel, God has a destination for each of us; a beautiful, loving, and glorious plan! But he gives us our agency to choose. He will not force us on the path.
As we exercise faith and go to Him through daily prayer, daily scripture study, and seek to know Him and the destination he has for us, He will reveal to us the right roads to take in miraculous ways and our glorious destiny will unfold!! Alma 37:39-47
-Alicia :)
No comments:
Post a Comment